Talk

Advanced search

Cervical biopsy.. please help

(3 Posts)
Mummyoftwo91 Tue 18-Feb-20 20:39:28

I had a cervical biopsy close to 3 weeks ago. 3 different biopsies were taken, anyway I'm still having some bleeding when I wipe, is this normal? The after care leaflet advises bleeding after 24/48 hours, clinic isn't open untill the morning so I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience

OP’s posts: |
Walkaround Wed 19-Feb-20 10:59:36

Yes, I had that. I think the area they removed was too deep/large for the cauterisation they did afterwards to work properly, so it started bleeding quite a bit shortly afterwards and eventually cleared up after about a month. If it smells bad, you feel generally unwell, it gets heavier over time, you start to get pain, etc, then don’t assume it’s normal!! If it’s just very light, normal healthy blood colour and, eg, more likely if you have been very active or strained a bit going to the loo, then it's unlikely to be something to be worried about.

Mummyoftwo91 Thu 20-Feb-20 17:51:19

Thanks walkaround, went to my gp in the end turns out i had a pretty bad infection so I'm on antibiotics now

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »