Talk

Advanced search

PCOS and Ovulation

(3 Posts)
bethandpaul Tue 18-Feb-20 08:42:38

Hi everyone,

I have PCOS and I have recently lost over a stone and started taking supplements including inositol, magnesium etc. I never have had a positive opk before but due to me having a natural period a couple of weeks ago I thought I would try again. Well first couple of times I took opk there was either no line or very faint line. I have taken one this morning and the line is the same colour as test line so could I take this to mean I will ovulate soon? I know pcos can cause elevated LH in the body but I have never had a positive opk before so surely if I had excess LH I would have had multiple positive opks before. Also I had my smear test on 12th Feb and she couldn't find my cervix as it was very high and again never had this before. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and managed to fall pregnant. TIA

seven201 Tue 18-Feb-20 09:14:22

I have pco. Sometimes my opks gradually increased, sometimes they just suddenly appeared. Ido usually ovulate. You should ovulate 24-72 hours from your test. It's not a guarantee though.

bethandpaul Tue 18-Feb-20 09:50:55

Yup this was gradual increase they got darker over a period of a few days. I just took another one about an hour from the last and the test line is now definitely darker than the control line. So fingers crossed as we have been trying for over 10 years but it's only recently I started taking supplements and my weight loss seriously.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »