Talk

Advanced search

Do bath bombs cause UTIs??

(5 Posts)
ADJ1151 Tue 18-Feb-20 07:52:51

Hi all, so last night I jumped into the bath after Dd had got out. I didn’t rinse it. There was still bubbles from her bath in it. Thought nothing of it. Went to bed..

Woke up this morning feeling like I have a uti or something.. stingy feeling around my urethra and stinging to pee and feeling like I need to go again and again.

Mentioned it to Oh he bathed DD and said that she had used a bath bomb in her bath. Could it be that?

Is it likely or just a coincidence. Oddly enough I went to the gp yesterday who want me to take in a urine sample for something else so good timing I guess..

OP’s posts: |
Tanfastic Tue 18-Feb-20 21:47:13

Could be. Harsh chemicals in soap used in your intimate area can aggravate and cause UTI's according to my gp. I suffer with recurrent UTI's but not had one for over six months since I started using unfragranced soaps etc. I don't think it's a coincidence.

TheReef Tue 18-Feb-20 21:48:38

Yes they do with me, anything really perfumy or with chemicals can give me a UTI.

CrocodilesCry Tue 18-Feb-20 23:34:40

My DM and I call them thrush bombs grin
Horrible things.

june2007 Tue 18-Feb-20 23:40:32

Yes I think they can. Not keen. Not keen on bubble bath either but less harsh.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »