TMI - period + gp.

(3 Posts)
TTC24 Mon 17-Feb-20 17:59:17

As some has seen, I made a post about my painful, heavy and uncomfortable AF. I'm ringing my GP tomorrow for an earlier appointment, but I'm so nervous as to what to say. I have been several times in the past 3 years, appointments for that issue only or appointments for contraception, and EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I have been fobbed off with STD tests, like I wouldn't know after 3 YEARS of painful intercourse, painful cramps all month around, worse with AF and so on. I'm just wondering what everyone else has said? The past time has been the most successful with the promise of a blood test, and a ultra sound IF I go to the sexual health clinic for a screening, but as o have told them for years I have had the same partner for 3 years, and neither has been unloyal.

OP’s posts: |
Bubblemonkey Tue 18-Feb-20 19:46:59

Don’t know if you’ve seen the doctor yet, but ask about a specialist (gynaecologist) referral & ask about potential endometriosis

ahran2k Tue 18-Feb-20 21:04:24

Agree with gynaecologist referral. If you insist then GP can't refuse. Also most GP' know next to nothing about gynaecological issues so better go to the consultant. Why is your GP testing for STD anyway. It is rare for STD to cause heavy periods while the most like suspects are pcos and endometriosis. If your GP refuses for a referral then change him because it seems he hardly knows anything.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in