Inulin not insulin as a prebiotic not probiotic!

(3 Posts)
BlueBolts Sun 16-Feb-20 23:02:28

Helloooooo just putting that in the title to be absolutely sure of what I'm referring to! Only recently come across inulin and prebiotic. Has anyone used inulin and also can you only use for 19 days at a time and why is that? Read somewhere that's the time limit recommended. What do you do after that then? Cheers.

OP’s posts: |
NanTheWiser Sun 16-Feb-20 23:35:25

Yes, I take it as I eat low carb, and can be a bit constipated as a result. I take Inulin by Bioglan, and have done so for at least a year, I've never seen anything about only taking it for 19 days!! As far as I'm concerned it's perfectly safe as its a simple food supplement derived from chicory root, no chemicals in it.
I've found it very useful in keeping bowels working, and I only need one tsp a day, taken in a hot drink, and I would recommend it.

BlueBolts Sun 16-Feb-20 23:47:26

Nan thanks. I have a teaspoon in a glass of water daily but didn't seem to help. Says you can take up to 3 teasp a day but not to exceed dose. Upped it to 2 teasp but still no help so perhaps will have to have the full monty at 3! It's reassuring that it's helped you. Wish I could remember where I'd read the 19 day thing although I must admit it doesn't say that on side of the jar. Got mine from Holland and Barrett.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in