Tingling feeling in thigh

(6 Posts)
Milliways Sat 15-Feb-20 21:41:59

I had Merlagia Parasthetica and it was just a numb patch, never painful.
I also had bursitis so unsure if they were ever linked, but it did go eventually without any treatment (just had an MRI to ensure no entrapment)

Triglesoffy Sat 15-Feb-20 19:55:01

Sciatica?

Paddingtonthebear Sat 15-Feb-20 19:53:31

Thanks. I have been before, when it wasn’t happening as often but I was getting tingling in my legs and feet. GP pretty much dismissed it even though I have have been told a few years ago after an x Ray that I have degenerating discs. He said I could take amitriptyline if I wanted to. Which I didn’t.

OP’s posts: |
Lunde Sat 15-Feb-20 19:49:34

It can often be a symptom of a back problem like a bulging or slipped disc. The nerves from the back run down the outside of your thigh. You should go to the GP. Where I am they usually prescribe physio unless really serious or if the numbness is hindering urination etc

Paddingtonthebear Sat 15-Feb-20 19:40:53

More toward outside of thigh, def not inside

Paddingtonthebear Sat 15-Feb-20 19:17:26

Does anyone know what this is?

Right thigh only. A quick tingling sensation running from top of thigh towards knee then stops. Not painful. Sort of tingly sensation, a like when you get a body chill.

Happening multiple times a day at the moment. Google suggests Meralgia paresthetica. But I don’t find it painful or burning. I also don’t have diabetes, wear very tight clothes and I’m not overweight.

I do have back/nerve problems and lots of sore points across the top of my bum where it meets my back.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in