Talk

Advanced search

Tingling feeling in thigh

(6 Posts)
Paddingtonthebear Sat 15-Feb-20 19:17:26

Does anyone know what this is?

Right thigh only. A quick tingling sensation running from top of thigh towards knee then stops. Not painful. Sort of tingly sensation, a like when you get a body chill.

Happening multiple times a day at the moment. Google suggests Meralgia paresthetica. But I don’t find it painful or burning. I also don’t have diabetes, wear very tight clothes and I’m not overweight.

I do have back/nerve problems and lots of sore points across the top of my bum where it meets my back.

OP’s posts: |
Paddingtonthebear Sat 15-Feb-20 19:40:53

More toward outside of thigh, def not inside

Lunde Sat 15-Feb-20 19:49:34

It can often be a symptom of a back problem like a bulging or slipped disc. The nerves from the back run down the outside of your thigh. You should go to the GP. Where I am they usually prescribe physio unless really serious or if the numbness is hindering urination etc

Paddingtonthebear Sat 15-Feb-20 19:53:31

Thanks. I have been before, when it wasn’t happening as often but I was getting tingling in my legs and feet. GP pretty much dismissed it even though I have have been told a few years ago after an x Ray that I have degenerating discs. He said I could take amitriptyline if I wanted to. Which I didn’t.

Triglesoffy Sat 15-Feb-20 19:55:01

Sciatica?

Milliways Sat 15-Feb-20 21:41:59

I had Merlagia Parasthetica and it was just a numb patch, never painful.
I also had bursitis so unsure if they were ever linked, but it did go eventually without any treatment (just had an MRI to ensure no entrapment)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »