Talk

Advanced search

I feel awful! What's wrong with me?

(4 Posts)
HerRoyalFattyness Wed 12-Feb-20 18:39:59

I feel horrendous.

I'm nauseous, I have cold sweats, temperature up and down, pounding headache and keep feeling faint and dizzy.

I'm on my period which is quite heavy, but no more so than usual.

What's wrong with me and how can I feel better asap?
I'm a single mum to three kids so I can't be unwell.

OP’s posts: |
navteexo Wed 12-Feb-20 19:16:14

It could be a viral infection, or some sort of a bug.. in which case it could last a few days. If you have a fever, maybe take some paracetemol and see if it brings the temp down. Get well soon

HerRoyalFattyness Wed 12-Feb-20 19:18:40

I've had cocodamol and diclofenac (I take them for chronic pain)
So paracetamol is a no go sad
I hope it's not a bug

OP’s posts: |
Callybrid Wed 12-Feb-20 19:28:22

The nausea, faintness, dizziness and shivering rather than cold sweats are all things I get when having extreme anxiety attacks. Do you have any history with panic attacks or anxiety?

Temperature and headache wouldn’t be that of course, but I am often on my own with the children and I know it definitely heightens my fear of illness so sometimes one symptom can trigger anxiety about illness and a whole load of other symptoms come in to play.

Whatever it is - lots of fluids, as much rest as possible, work out who you can call for help and when you can get to the Dr. Hope you’re feeling much better soon!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »