Talk

Advanced search

Feeling lightheaded, tired and nauseous

(28 Posts)
PlomBear Wed 12-Feb-20 17:44:10

I often feel “funny” with lightheadedness, headaches and brain fog. Sometimes with nausea. It’s kind of hard to describe but I feel really tired with it to.

Eating / drinking doesn’t have any effect on it. Feel quite moody and grumpy too.

Any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
Galwaygirl Wed 12-Feb-20 19:50:35

Stress? Anxiety? I feel like this when I having a stressful time

Lovemusic33 Wed 12-Feb-20 19:52:59

I often feel like this too. I’m wondering if it’s the pill causing it for me, I have just changed to a different hormone pill and have seen some improvement.

Synecdoche Wed 12-Feb-20 19:54:47

Is it linked in any way to postural change e.g going from sitting to standing, or lying down to sitting up?

Have you had your bloods checked for any anaemia including B12 and folate?

Badabingbadabum Wed 12-Feb-20 19:54:50

Migraine? They don't have to come with a bad headache.

CottonSock Wed 12-Feb-20 19:56:47

That's how I felt pregnant. And when I had low iron.

PlomBear Wed 12-Feb-20 20:20:27

Not on the pill, TTC but on my period.

I don’t think it’s linked to standing up.

sad

PlomBear Wed 12-Feb-20 20:21:04

It feels...almost like jet lag?

BuffaloCauliflower Wed 12-Feb-20 20:28:00

I also feel like this right now, period is also on its way. Not a usual period issue for me though.

Winkywoop Wed 12-Feb-20 20:29:22

Vitamin b12 deficiency?
I felt very much like that when my b12 was extremely low

Incontinencesucks Wed 12-Feb-20 20:32:19

Vitamin d needed? How long has this been?

elizabethdraper Wed 12-Feb-20 20:35:36

I have this. bloods all perfect. Doc said it was anxiety, even though I don't feel anxious

He put me antidepressants hmm

PlomBear Wed 12-Feb-20 20:39:40

I take multivitamins with D and B12. It’s been on and off for a few months.

I do have anxiety and I think that my GP might put it down to that!

Ihavechangedmyname2manytimes Wed 12-Feb-20 20:51:35

Check vitamin d levels.

12345FishAlive Wed 12-Feb-20 21:02:09

I agree with the pp who suggested Migraine. I had all of those symptoms, occasionally dizzy spells etc. It was migraine, diagnosed by a neurologist. I very rarely had any pain but the "funny" feeling, nausea and unbelievable brain fog we're ruining my life

Apileofballyhoo Wed 12-Feb-20 21:08:19

B12 deficiency can be caused by your body not being able to process it from what you're eating so oral supplements won't help in that case.

GoodbyePorpoiseSpit Wed 12-Feb-20 21:09:34

How old are you? I had similar with perimenopause

Incontinencesucks Wed 12-Feb-20 21:12:12

Have you had blood tests? Ask your gp for a check.

PlomBear Wed 12-Feb-20 21:17:52

I’m in my early 30s. Hopefully not perimenopausal! Hormone bloods are all fine apart from prolactin which is being retested as it was really high.

Never thought about migraine as always presumed the head pain would be really bad.

I had bloods done a year or so ago for IBS, think I recall B12 being raised and being told to cut down on the multivitamins.

OverByYer Wed 12-Feb-20 21:19:41

Low blood pressure?
I get this if I don’t drink enough water or low blood sugar makes my blood pressure drop and I feel faint

OverByYer Wed 12-Feb-20 21:19:58

Also agitated and sweaty

Apileofballyhoo Thu 13-Feb-20 09:24:07

Coeliac disease? Brain fog can be symptom as well as digestive problems. Doesn't always show in blood tests.

Redannie118 Thu 13-Feb-20 13:15:57

Ive had this badly for three months along with breathlessness. Turns out im so anaemic i have to have an IV iron infusion. Bloods will be best place to start i think.

Caroian Thu 13-Feb-20 19:23:33

You need to follow up on that prolactin result. High prolactin (assuming you're not breastfeeding) points to a pituitary issue. The pituitary is often referred to as "the master gland" because it produces hormones which control other glands. Most notably in terms of tiredness are Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) which controls the thyroid and Adrenocorticotrophin (ACTH) which stimulates the adrenals to produce cortisol. A deficiency of either of these hormones would cause the symptoms you suggest.

If the prolactin is retested and still out of range, you need your GP to refer you to an endocrinologist and also test your thyroid function (TSH, T3 and T4) and do a 9am cortisol level. Low cortisol (adrenal insufficiency) could easily cause the symptoms you describe and can be serious if left untreated. It's not a common thing, but a possible cause of your symptoms that should not be overlooked.

Dontdisturbmenow Fri 14-Feb-20 08:21:19

Low BP or heart rate. I had this when both were very low, especially in the morning. Also aggregated by anxiety. All related to the perimenopause in my case, heart rate back up since I'm fully menopausal.

Dehydratation can impact on heart rate and cause these symptoms. I would also retest for b12.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »