Talk

Advanced search

Back pain

(5 Posts)
CurlyMess Wed 12-Feb-20 12:23:19

Hey all
I have suffered with a bad back for years after a riding accident but mostly being, pull muscles, knotted muscle and muscle spasms.
All of these tend to loosen up with walking and exercise.
However this is something else! Woke up this morning in agony, lower back is killing me. When I try to walk I am in pain and most definitely cannot straighten my back. If I do walk anywhere I am hunched right over. Wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar?

I am an active gym goer and went on a run last night with no issues

OP’s posts: |
allypally999 Thu 13-Feb-20 08:55:13

Sounds like a spasm to me but I can only talk from experience. I'd give the gym and running a rest to make sure it doesn't get worse. I have been forced to lie still for hours just so I can move at all with a spasm as getting to bed from where it happened involves much screaming and swearing. Good luck!

Feelingfestivenow Thu 13-Feb-20 09:17:47

Agree with ally, does sound like a spasm, as painful as it is you well know there is not much that can be done, but maybe heat/cold pads can help, I feel your pain

CurlyMess Sun 16-Feb-20 16:48:37

@allypally999 @Feelingfestivenow thanks both. Turned out to be my Facet joints! Very painful but starting to ease up thank God!

OP’s posts: |
Feelingfestivenow Sun 16-Feb-20 18:10:22

Glad your on the mend now, take care!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »