Talk

Advanced search

Piriformis Syndrome / Sciatica

(5 Posts)
maiafry Mon 10-Feb-20 18:04:42

Hi all,

Since having my baby (1 year ago, via emergency c section) I have been suffering from excruciating pain with what feels like piriformis syndrome and sciatica...I just wondered if anyone else has suffered with this, and what you did to treat it? And whether you managed to get pain free?

OP’s posts: |
TDL2016 Tue 11-Feb-20 11:29:56

You sure you haven’t got a slipped disk?

maiafry Tue 11-Feb-20 11:51:40

I initially thought it could be that but I've had an MRI and the doctors have ruled that out, so still a bit of a mystery

OP’s posts: |
sweetkitty Tue 11-Feb-20 11:54:53

Yoga helps me, if I don’t do it regularly I can really feel it. Try to do some piriformis stretches everyday.

Pleasedontdothat Tue 11-Feb-20 19:34:51

I had this a few years ago after waiting for months for knee surgery. As I wasn’t walking normally because of knee pain on one side, the piriformis muscle started spasming, especially when I was sitting down for any length of time (meetings and long drives were excruciating). What helped was deep massage with a tennis ball and doing stretches (there are loads online). It took a few weeks but eventually got better and it’s not come back since

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »