Very long period

(5 Posts)
ronson22 Mon 10-Feb-20 16:45:50

I have tried putting this on conception but didn't get any posts!

I already have a 20 month old, and we are trying to conceive our second. I have come off the patch a month ago, and have just bled continuously since then.
I spoke to the GP, she wasn't concerned as she said it's cause I'm off the patch. But I'm now getting concerned!? I have long periods, but never longer than 9 days. Any suggestions on getting it to stop? Thanks

OP’s posts: |
ronson22 Tue 11-Feb-20 10:38:06

Anyone?

ahran2k Tue 11-Feb-20 11:54:25

Your GP is right. When you are on birth control your natural cycle stops producing the hormones or at least gets very lazy. Our system without contraception is meant to reproduce and therefore the hormones go up and down throughout the cycle to support reproduction , birth control is meant to do the opposite and therefore provides a constant supply of estrogen and progesterone. Your natural hormone cycle goes back into drive once you stop the contraception but it takes a while to get on the delicate balance as before. Just be patient and it will work itself out. And if your diet lacks vitamin b , zinc , magnesium then either improve your diet or take a supplement. You need these 3 to create the proper balance.

ahran2k Tue 11-Feb-20 12:00:42

And if it helps , I had a 6 week period after I came off birth control pills. I was 40 at the time, age is a factor too. For young women , their cycles adapt faster.

ronson22 Tue 11-Feb-20 12:31:45

Thank you @ahran2k I know it takes time, it's just very annoying, I'm going to start taking vitamins especially iron as I'm borderline anaemic! Hopefully it won't be too long before it stops! X

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in