Talk

Advanced search

Recovery time for ankle screws\plate

(3 Posts)
Nativeamerican15 Sat 08-Feb-20 15:06:41

Have any of you lovely people had to have ankle hardware removed? If yes, how long was your recovery time? Blessings to you.

OP’s posts: |
TheEagle Sat 08-Feb-20 15:10:45

Yes, I had a plate and several screws removed about 8 months after they were put in.

Recovery was very quick (although I was also a very young and sprightly 28 then!). I was walking easily within 3 days of the surgery.

Good luck to you. The removal of the hardware was the best thing I did; the pressure and pain from it was very unpleasant and vanished completely post-op.

StarbucksSmarterSister Sat 08-Feb-20 15:12:33

I had to have some pins removed from the inside of my ankle because the wound wouldn't heal properly (The plate and pins on the outside were fine so were left alone). This was nearly 4 months after the break. It took a month to heal - the wound was around half an inch across but an inch deep and had to be packed every day.

How long have you had yours in and are you planning on having everything removed?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »