Talk

Advanced search

Short sighted

(5 Posts)
nonamemummy Fri 07-Feb-20 10:53:23

Recently had my eyes tested and told I need glasses as I’m short sighted. I know this sounds silly but I’m unsure when I should be wearing them. I only really wear them when I drive or watch the tv. But I was in a&e waiting room the other day and looking up to see the nurses come call peoples names and realised I needed my glasses then as I couldn’t see down the end of the room.

So anyone who is short sighted, when do you actually wear your glasses?

OP’s posts: |
Spanneroo Fri 07-Feb-20 11:00:39

Slightly different as I have pregnancy-induced astigmatism, which means I'm short sighted during pregnancy and for around 6 months afterwards.

I started off wearing them just for driving, TV, reading, but tbh I wear them all the time now. I have no real reason to take them off and it's really easy to keep track of them if they're on my face!

nonamemummy Fri 07-Feb-20 11:06:34

Yeah I was told I have astigmatism aswell. Never heard of it before.
I feel like I should just wear them all the time but thought it might seem stupid as I’m only supposed to need them for things further way?? If that makes sense

OP’s posts: |
Nquartz Fri 07-Feb-20 11:28:46

It means you can see things close up but not far away, so definitely should wear them for driving!! And things like cinema, tv if you feel you need to.

mumsie2019 Sun 09-Feb-20 21:41:16

I used to be able to see with wearing them occasionally but with age and deterioration it's doesn't improve it gets worse,
When I couldn't clearly see a Stop road sign I decided it's time to wear them permanently
I would of thought the optometrist would of suggested which or how often to wear them.
Adjusting to glasses can make you tired too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »