Talk

Advanced search

Extremely anxious -please help

(7 Posts)
Worried25 Thu 06-Feb-20 08:53:08

I’ll start by saying I don’t cope well with my kids being ill. I worry excessively about them and I know it’s something I need to sort out.
Anyway a week ago one of my dc became very sick with bacterial tonsillitis, it’s something I got frequently when I was young so I know all the signs, v high temp , white spots , very sick and migraine. Anyway within 24 hours of antibiotics he was a lot better. A week later , I have it now and I’m so ill. I have started antibiotics but I’m having huge anxiety over my 5 and 2 year old getting it. Is it always contagious? We are supposed to go away this weekend just my dh and I, this is v rare for us but I just can’t relax at all thinking of my dcs becoming this unwell and we aren’t there. Also for the person minding them too. My dh thinks I’m being ridiculous as they aren’t showing signs but I find Bacterial tonsillitis comes out of nowhere and you get sick v v quickly. I keep thinking that I must have been contagious yesterday before the ABs and of course I was playing with my dcs on close contact etc. Just asking really what others would do?

OP’s posts: |
SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 06-Feb-20 20:54:25

Are the children staying with relatives? I suppose it depends. If you aren't staying too far away, you could if necessary come back if they show symptoms?

Panpastels Thu 06-Feb-20 20:57:07

If they get ill I assume you can go home?
I read somewhere (because I can worry about things) 'why suffer it twice?' So yes, things can and do happen. But if you've been panicking about it beforehand and then it does happen, you've effectively suffered twice.
Really helps me!

Butterymuffin Thu 06-Feb-20 20:58:21

How far away would you be?

If you're ill yourself, will you be able to go away? Could you rearrange?

Worried25 Fri 07-Feb-20 08:29:51

Thanks for the replies and good advice on the worrying , I know it’s a waste of time to worry. Unfortunately we almost never do anything as we have no practical family support , this is the 2nd possibility to go away we have had in 8 years and it hasn’t worked out due to illness again. Am feeling so ill today anyway, anyone who has experienced real bacterial tonsillitis will know it’s so much more severe than a sore throat. I have to look after my 2 year old all day and do pick ups later and I honestly don’t know how I can physically do it tbh sad

Butterymuffin Fri 07-Feb-20 08:34:34

TV time for today just to get through. Sorry your plans haven't worked out, hope you get to rebook flowers

Worried25 Fri 07-Feb-20 08:46:32

Thank you buttery. My 2 year old is a very busy one so hopefully they’ll get into cartoons today. Will just count the hours until bedtime. God it’s so tough being ill and looking after small kids....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »