Talk

Advanced search

Sick every few months?

(6 Posts)
frillseeking Thu 06-Feb-20 08:01:04

Hi all,
DH has never been a sickly person but since having our daughter a year ago he gets sick every few months. Symptoms are always the same- aches all over, feels exhausted, lousy as he says. He travels with work long haul a couple of times a year and does long work hours and helps at home with getting up in night if daughter isn't sleeping. He doesn't want to go to the drs because he said it's always a waste of time and they say the same thing, which I guess is true but I also think he shouldn't be feeling like this so regularly. I don't know if he just keeps getting run down or if it could be some sort of recurring virus? Any thoughts?

Oldmum55 Thu 06-Feb-20 09:57:56

Try to get him to the doctors for a check up. He could be simply stressed and run down, if nothing shows up then they'll put it down to a 'virus'. I occasionally get that and that's what they said.

frillseeking Thu 06-Feb-20 10:08:38

I think that's why he's reluctant to go as they've said previously it's a virus, which doesn't really mean much! I wondered if it could be something like glandular fever that stays in your system?! I don't know... this is his third day of being in bed just sleeping which doesn't seem normal to me? If I'm ever ill I spend a day in bed when I can get childcare and then I'm ok

Oldmum55 Thu 06-Feb-20 10:19:06

Has he had recent blood tests? They usually start with that and if nothing shows up then they declare it a 'viral flu like illness'.

frillseeking Thu 06-Feb-20 10:26:04

He's going to ring the drs now. He gets really defensive about being ill so doesn't like talking about which I find frustrating but have talked him into going

Oldmum55 Thu 06-Feb-20 11:43:27

That's good yes sometimes it is frustrating trying to get our partners to see the doctor!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »