Talk

Advanced search

Unsure when sopposed to end prescription? - advice please

(6 Posts)
robin04031402 Tue 04-Feb-20 12:01:50

Thank you for reading.
So went to Pharmacy yesterday to collect my prescription as I have done for the past 10 ish months - I was told I would probobly come off them at Januray ish - I don't know when ish is!
I was never really told when I need to stop taking the tablets so I spoke to the Pharmasist and she said 'I don't know' I then asked if I needed to make an appointment, she said 'I don't know' I then asked her what do I do then, she then said 'I don't know!'; she was really stern and rude to other people collecting prescriptions too.
I understand she can't know why I have the prescription but she could at least have been a bit kinder and suggested what I do - I have no clue!
So do I need to make an appointment with the GP to ask about tablets as I may need a blood test to check the tablets worked?
I orderd them online and just thought one month it would say I don't need them but this hasn't happened!
Any help would be much appeciated, many thanks!

OP’s posts: |
KittenVsBox Tue 04-Feb-20 12:06:28

Go see the GP.
Depending on the meds, dont just stop taking them, it could cause problems.

Selinaserena Tue 04-Feb-20 12:15:38

You could phone the GP surgery and the receptionist could have a look at your record if you explain that you don't know what to do. They can advise whether you need to make an appointment or the GP may ring you back etc.

HappyHammy Tue 04-Feb-20 12:18:05

Were they prescribed by your doctor. If yes then ask them.

RuthW Tue 04-Feb-20 12:21:30

You need to see the gp. Nothing to go with the pharmacist

robin04031402 Tue 04-Feb-20 12:31:39

Okay, thank you all for your advice.
@Selinaserena I'll give them a ring this afternoon and see what they think.
Have a great day

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »