Talk

Advanced search

Ringworm?

(3 Posts)
Lovemusic33 Mon 03-Feb-20 19:11:03

Pretty sure dd has ringworm, possibly caught from our cat. We live in a rural area and there have been a lot of deer quite close to our house so guessing the cat has picked it up from the field. Do I need to keep her off school until it’s cleared up? She’s 15 and the ringworm is on her leg so is covered up. I will get some cream tomorrow, she’s refusing to go to the doctors, she has one big patch on her leg but also has a rash near it and on her back which we got checked out at the weekend, was told it’s probably a viral rash but now the patch on her knee is looking more like ringworm.

OP’s posts: |
74NewStreet Mon 03-Feb-20 19:13:43

She doesn’t need to stay off school with ringworm; but are you absolutely sure it’s not a tick bite? The deer close to your house set off alarm bells for me. They can look very similar.

Lovemusic33 Mon 03-Feb-20 19:22:37

I don’t think it’s a tic bite (I have had one before), the cat came home with a bold patch and a red sore patch a week or so ago, dd spends a lot of time stroking the car, the cat is treated with flea and tic treatment so pretty sure no tics have got into the house, dd doesn’t go outside other than to catch the bus to school. She’s had the patch for a while but recently got the rash on around it and over her body.

I think I will try and get her a doctors appointment after school tomorrow and make her go, just to confirm what it is.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »