Talk

Advanced search

Aches, pains and feeling on the verge of flu

(2 Posts)
damekindness Mon 03-Feb-20 19:06:59

For the past week I've felt increasingly as if I'm about to get the flu, I ache and feel generally off colour, there's a scratchy throat and I feel tense and anxious

It's as likely to be stress as coming down with some sort of lurgy - but how to tell the difference 🤷‍♀️?

OP’s posts: |
AnneOfCleavage Mon 03-Feb-20 19:15:00

I mean this kindly but flu comes on very rapidly not over days and then hits you like a bus flooring you completely for around two weeks. You generally get a very high temp and cough with flu so this is likely to be a nasty virus which can also make you have a high temp and sore throat and cold like symptoms and generally feeling hideous.

I don't know about stress causing a virus but it can contribute to you being run down and susceptible to bugs that are going around.

It's horrid though so I do sympathise. Drink plenty and gargle with salt water to help the sore throat and just do the bare minimum you can to get by. When I could feel a virus coming on I would quickly do all my ironing and change the bedding etc etc just so I could relax but I realised this just contributed to me feeling worse for longer so now I go to bed as much as I can when I feel rough and it seems to be milder than when I forced myself to do my normal routine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »