Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone else had "normal" periods before children........

(5 Posts)
TheQueenOfQuotes Sat 01-Sep-07 20:35:42

but then suddenly got really heavy ones afterwards?? After DS1 and 2 AF returned as normal (DS1 after 9/10 monhts, DS2 after about 6 months), not too heavy, lots of PMT and a little bit of cramping (just like before DC)

I had a light, what I thought could have been AF last month (when DS3 was 2 months old) , accompanied by lots of cramping. Yesterday (while at SIL's house, with no sanitary protection with me at all blush) AF suddenly appeared. I had NO idea it was coming (no cramping, no mood swings - checked with DH on that one wink), just went to the loo and EEEK there it was. And it's REALLY heavy!!

TheQueenOfQuotes Sat 01-Sep-07 21:30:47

?

I have certainly lost my cramping post DCs. I think I am probably lose the same amount of blood as before - but rather than being balanced across the 5 days - I probably lose about 70-80% of my blood in the first 2-3 days now. Does that make sense (if not I am trying to say I am now heavy 2-3 days then dribbles for 2-3days)???

TheQueenOfQuotes Sat 01-Sep-07 21:57:25

hmm interesting - as I said in OP after first 2 DS's things went back to normal. But this AF is going bonkers! I'm usually one of those women who's AF goes on for 6-8 days, quite light all the way throughout. Infact if I used pads (not often) I could quite often only change 2/3 times a day they were that light...but I put a pad on at 12pm, another at 4pm, put a tampon in about 6ish and have just had to change again shock - completely different for me.

Hopefully it'll go like yours is..and ease off after a few days !

I think it is much more noticable that I flood than dribble after DD3 than after DTDs although the change was definately there after then...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now