Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My back has gone at bra strap level - what moves/postures would helP?

(3 Posts)
Jackaroo Sat 01-Sep-07 17:41:17

I'm typing with my "other" hand because the one on that side hurts, as does lifting that foot - who know it oculd have such an impact.... I've got exercises for whenthis happens to lower back, but not at this level (went changing DS dirty nappy!)... have cancelled dinner with friends, just don't know what else to do...

J

vole3 Sun 02-Sep-07 12:41:12

I presume you've taken something for the pain and possibly anti-inflammatories too. I always found co-codamol, brufen and a large glass of wine helped
A physio showed me a technique to open out the joint spaces in this area. Take a bath towel and roll it into a fat sausage shape. Sit on the floor and position sausage so that it will run along your spine from neck to lower back between your shoulder blades when you lie on it. Lie back and you may well hear some popping as the joints in your spine realign! You can also gently lift both arms above your head to help with the stretch. It can be done with legs straight or knees bent depending on which is more comfortable for you.

Jackaroo Sun 02-Sep-07 12:48:43

Oh Vole thank you so much. I was getting a bit anxious... I have been taught that before, but only when I had severe pain in the area - not when it had "gone" like this.. I'll try it now. Yep, diclofenac and syndol have helped a lot, but can't take anymore of one, and the other knocks me out too much to take during the day.

thanks again,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now