Talk

Advanced search

Seizure

(3 Posts)
Nikster11 Thu 30-Jan-20 12:10:47

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation.

I have recently had a seizure for the first time. It occurred in the middle of the night while I was asleep, and my partner witnessed it and took me to hospital etc. I was about 26 weeks pregnant at the time.

I have had all of the relevant brain scans etc and everything has come back clear, so they think that it was caused by pregnancy hormones. One of the midwives told me that this is more common that people realise, however I can't seem to find anything about people without epilepsy having a seizure when pregnant.

Just wondering if anyone else has been in the same position, and if it was just a one off or if you ended up having more. I have a young Daughter already, and really don't have the time or energy to deal with another seizure. I still feel pretty crap after it and constantly exhausted and am hoping someone else has been in the same position and that it was just a one off!!

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
notaclue19 Thu 30-Jan-20 21:18:17

My goodness - you poor thing
Have they tested you for pre eclampsia?

Nikster11 Thu 30-Jan-20 22:20:03

Hi! Thanks for writing back.

I've had all of the usual urine, blood pressure etc checks at all of my midwife appointments and everything seems to be ok apart from ever so slightly low iron, so hopefully they would have picked up something like pre eclampsia.

Just seems so odd to randomly happen and can't find any info on other non-epileptic people having a seizure.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »