Talk

Advanced search

Can I stop my period safely just for one month?

(3 Posts)
Hmmmmminteresting Mon 27-Jan-20 13:26:38

I'm really confused.
I have just come off oral contraceptive because I'm forever bloated, my boobs hurt all the time and I keep getting awful migraines. I also have totally lost my libido. It's been like this for 18m since I went back on it after having dc. However it looks like now I may be on my period for my abroad holiday which I really wanted to avoid. When I'm on i get a very upset stomach for around 48hrs, as well as terrible tummy ache and headaches. This was the reason I went back on the pill. But to be honest I'd rather these symptoms 2 days a month than having the pill symptoms every day of the year!
Is there anything I can do or take safely to stop my period that month?
Just to add, my gp has changed my pill 3x but the side effects are the same with all of them. I feel like I just want to give my body a break from all these extra hormones altogether.

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Mon 27-Jan-20 13:28:00

Norethisterone can be used to delay periods

Hmmmmminteresting Mon 27-Jan-20 22:04:19

Fab thanks! I've read up loads on that tonight and it definitely seems like the way forward for me. I had never heard of ot till you mentioned it. Thanks :-)

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »