Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nutty doctor update if anyone wants to know

(6 Posts)
nutcracker Fri 31-Aug-07 14:28:36

Managed to get in this morning and it went ok.

I tld her about the very painful periods and she said she wants me to try cocodamol and ibruprofen first before she refers me, so I said i'd try it, but that if it doesn't work I will go straight back.

I still hadn't decided wether I was going to ask for ad's or not, but the fact that I sat in the waiting room and felt so nervy that I wanted leave kind of decided for me and I ended up blurting it out just before I left.

She was very good, asked me loads of questions and didn't rush me at all. She wants me to fill in a questionaire and then go back in 2 weeks. She has also given me the number of a counsellor as she said she thinks I really need to at least speak to someone about everything.

Not sure how the counsellor thing works, presumably I just ring and say my gp tld me to ring. If it isn't free thought then I won't be going as I can't afford to pay at all.

So anyway, all in all, it went better than expected, and I'm glad I went.

LIZS Fri 31-Aug-07 15:28:57

Glad it was worthwhile. Do ring the counsellor , they may well have means tested fees if any.

nutcracker Fri 31-Aug-07 16:03:49

Yep I will ring next week.

Am still mega scared about the thought of ad's mind you.

Tortington Fri 31-Aug-07 16:13:58

thats great - i asked for a councellor once and was told the list was too long. i wasn't in the frame of mind to fight for it either

expatinscotland Fri 31-Aug-07 16:15:07

Yay! Hope you get the periods sorted, too!

nutcracker Fri 31-Aug-07 16:21:39

I have had counseling twice previously and was always lucky enough to be reffered straight away, but unfortunatly neither counsellor was any good.

The place she has told me to ring isn't somehwre I am familiar with,but hopefully it will be good if I can get to see someone.

Tbh I to feel a bit defeated by feeling so crap that I need counselling anyway, but as my g.p, said, I have had 3 kids in five years, gone through a stressful situation wrt when we were trying to get moved, and now have split from xp after 10 long years and I have money worries etc so in her opinion i'd have to be superhuman to not need any help after all that, which is true I spose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now