Talk

Advanced search

Why am I so hungry all the time?

(4 Posts)
AmazingGreats Thu 23-Jan-20 18:19:05

I went though a period of being off my food, and not really fancying anything. Before that I don't usually have a massive appetite and not particularly interested in food (when I gain weight it's through skipping meals and eating the wrong things not from greediness). Anyway, the last few days I have felt insanely hungry. I start eating the moment I wake up and I eat until I go to bed. Then I feel hungry and sneak back for a midnight feast (or two!)
I'm having all my usual meals, not on any meds. And then just grazing constantly as well, plus extra food on my plate and I either want dessert or fruit or cheese for afterwards, then an hour later, I'm going back for whichever I didn't already have. I'm thirsty too and drinking loads. It's like I just cannot keep up with my appetite. Could this be a sign of something more ominous or am I just hungry?

I was worried it sounds a bit diabetic? But the only thing I've never had a problem with is my blood sugars and they were done fairly recently. Thyroids been checked too.

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
EurghRedface Thu 23-Jan-20 19:36:40

Pregnant?

AmazingGreats Thu 23-Jan-20 19:44:18

Nope definitely not pregnant! I don't get hungry when I am anyway, I get sick as hell (HG)

The only time I've been like this was on one medication and when I was breastfeeding, so maybe it's something hormonal. Hopefully early menopause so I can be done with the whole sorry business of periods

OP’s posts: |
thankgodghstsover75 Wed 29-Jan-20 15:05:58

Threadworms makes you starving & you don't always know you have them/have symptoms I would take an ovex tablet just in case. I hear from my primary teaching friends they take one every few months. Are you around any young/primary age kids?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »