Talk

Advanced search

So sore down below

(17 Posts)
SpideyMom Thu 23-Jan-20 11:09:33

Help :-(
I'm in agony.
I posted recently about symptoms which I was convinced was a UTI. Doctor tested my pee, no infection but was put on 3 days of antibiotics anyway. When I called to get my results I was told 'I needed a retest in a weeks time' but no notes to say if there was an infection. I then noticed I started to have a hell of a lot of white odourless discharge (sorry TMI) so I suspected thrush which I tend to get after antibiotics anyway. In that week in between I have taken 2 x 150mg fluconazole and used cream and felt total relief yesterday. It was amazing. Then come the evening the soreness returned and it's absolutely awful. Doesn't hurt so bad to pee, though it still does, but it's the soreness I have. I also have really bad back pain in my right side. I can cope with that but my sore vagina now is really getting me down. Every one at work has commentated today how run down I look.
I really don't know what is going on.
I was told there was no infection, but put on antibiotics anyway. I have also used medication for thrush which only gave me temporary relief, not even a day.
Hoping my results come back ASAP so I can get some answers

OP’s posts: |
loveyoutothemoon Thu 23-Jan-20 12:22:47

They only tested your pee? Do you think you need swabs taking?

elsaandanna Thu 23-Jan-20 12:36:21

How old are you? Menopause/ perimenopause can cause havoc!

TheLovleyChebbyMcGee Thu 23-Jan-20 12:43:48

Yeah ask for a vaginal swab to be taken, you can get bacterial infections that aren't STD's that will cause pain and discharge

SpideyMom Thu 23-Jan-20 13:18:19

I'm 33.

I defo need an examination now. I can't get in my doctors. Would the walk in be pissed off with me for wasting time?

Roselilly36 Thu 23-Jan-20 14:15:43

Definitely seek advice at the walk in centre OP. I get loads of UTIs, my nurse recommended I try D-mannose powder, been a game changer for me, i still have urgency but not had antibiotics for over a year. Drink plenty of fluids. I hope you feel better soon.

SpideyMom Thu 23-Jan-20 14:19:27

Thank you. Going to go up the walk in centre shortly when I leave work

SpideyMom Thu 23-Jan-20 17:28:28

So just got back. A severe infection and lots of blood in urine. Said I didn't need to be examined. So now a week of antibiotics

CrimsonCattery Thu 23-Jan-20 17:30:48

Urgh poor you. Hope it improves quickly. flowers

SpideyMom Thu 23-Jan-20 17:57:01

Thank you. I'm just relieved a doctor didn't look at me like it was all I'm my head. Praying in 7 days time I'm feeling much better

AutumnCrow Thu 23-Jan-20 18:02:00

It won't hurt to invest in plenty of live yogurt while you're on the anti-biotics to stave off the dreaded thrush. Eat, apply, and sleep.

SpideyMom Thu 23-Jan-20 20:26:11

That's the only problem now. I always get thrush from antibiotics

Roselilly36 Fri 24-Jan-20 07:39:01

Bless you, pleased you saw a GP, a three day course of antibiotics never works for me either, always needed a week. Perhaps take some actimel or similar while you are on the antibiotics to help with the thrush. I hope you are feeling much better soon OP.

SpideyMom Fri 24-Jan-20 09:11:11

Thank you. Awful night. Antibiotics are making me so sick. I will get on the actimal ASAP. I just want this to be over

KoalasandRabbit Fri 24-Jan-20 09:24:41

I would go back to the doctor, I get sick on penicillin but other antibiotics are fine - they noted this and always give one that's not in the penicillin group.

Other thing is to get them to check its not gone into a kidney infection if you are getting more ill. If you are being sick antibiotics will just be leaving your system and not working - that's what doctors said to me.

Inappropriatefemale Fri 24-Jan-20 09:27:27

Maybe it’s Bacterial Vaginosis, BV?

Inappropriatefemale Fri 24-Jan-20 09:27:57

Ahh ignore my post, didn’t read your updates op.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »