Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ds making himself sick!

(7 Posts)
alibobins Thu 30-Aug-07 19:42:26

Ds is 2.7 and for on tuesday found out that sticking your fingers doen your throat makes you sick shock so several times tuesday once yesterday and twice today he has done is producing quite alot of vomitsad

What can I do please help!!

LilyLoo Thu 30-Aug-07 19:50:43

ali is he just doing this anywhere ?
It must be quite distressing for you, sorry have no experience hope someone has.
I suppose you don't want to make too big a deal of it to him but likewise he can't keep doing that.
Sorry not to be more help!

jofeb04 Thu 30-Aug-07 20:21:23

Ali,
My ds used to do this mainly when he was in bed but didn't want to go to sleep. He would make himself sick. Ds started doing it around the age of 3.2, he's now stopped doing it completely and he is 3.6 as we stopped reacting to it.

HTH

alibobins Thu 30-Aug-07 21:46:22

No doing it anywhere, he's not upset before he does it he's not been told off. He just says sorrysad

He's not even upset about the amount os sickshock

LilyLoo Fri 31-Aug-07 09:20:55

bumping it for you today Ali smile

PregnantGrrrl Fri 31-Aug-07 09:35:25

i'd try distracting him when he's trying to do it, but not reacting as such. hopefully he'll get bored.

my brother used to do this as a kid, but it was social anxiety in his case- if he had to go to school or on a bus, he'd make himself sick so he wouldn't have to go. in the end my mother made him go regardless of how sick he'd been.

alibobins Fri 31-Aug-07 17:37:09

Well so far today no sick grin (fingers crossed)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now