Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had a vaginal cyst removed?

(5 Posts)
ottolinemorel Mon 20-Jan-20 14:02:51

Learned this morning that I don’t have a Bartholin’s cyst as I had convinced myself but a vaginal cyst which has been stealthily growing on the site of a bad stitch up job after DC2 four years ago. It’s about the size of a broad bean and is kind of obscuring the vaginal canal and adhered to both sides. Dr thinks it is infected hence the discomfort (it burns and is uncomfortable to walk and sit at the mo). She says it will need come off in surgery.

Anyone been through this and can advise?

OP’s posts: |
eenymeenyminyme Mon 20-Jan-20 14:09:56

I had this when I was 16, it was the size of a table tennis ball! Was a straightforward op, even all those years ago and the only problem I remember having was that I crouched down when I came home and tore a stitch and ended up being rushed back in, so for heaven's sake take it easy when you've had it done!
There was a small 'tag' where it had been removed for a few years but it's gone now.
Hope yours goes well

ottolinemorel Mon 20-Jan-20 17:34:34

Thanks @eenymeenyminyme - can I ask, what did you do to help ease the discomfort whilst waiting for the op? Apart from painkillers...

ottolinemorel Mon 20-Jan-20 19:20:40

Bump!

eenymeenyminyme Mon 20-Jan-20 21:51:47

Sorry ottolinemorel I've only just logged back on! Mine didn't hurt before but pouring a jug of warm salt water over the area whilst sat on the loo helped afterwards so might be worth a try?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »