Talk

Advanced search

Ill too often

(5 Posts)
Badgergirl123 Sun 19-Jan-20 14:55:43

Ever since having DD a year ago I feel like I'm ill all the time. Checked back though diary and would say I've had something for 6 of the last 12 months - flu once and countless colds and coughs. Baby is generally a good sleeper and DH does his fair share (or more than with me being poorly so much) with her and around the house. I don't really feel like I'm getting any less sleep than I did when working full time.

Any thoughts on what I can do to improve this? Is it normal? I haven't seen GP as always conscious of wasting their time.

TIA

OP’s posts: |
user1497873278 Sun 19-Jan-20 15:36:51

You need blood tests don’t delay I was like this after having my son I was seriously anemic and ended up with pneumonia due to week immune system, a basic blood test will give you peace of mind at least.

Cynthie Sun 19-Jan-20 16:10:49

Do you take your dd to play groups? Could it be that you're coming into contact with small children more than before you had her, and are thus exposed to all their coughs and colds?

Badgergirl123 Sun 19-Jan-20 16:11:29

Thanks @user1497873278, I did have problems with low iron during pregnancy and still take a supplement now (when I remember). Hope you're all okay now ☺️

OP’s posts: |
user1497873278 Sun 19-Jan-20 17:08:28

Just get checked I didn’t and ended up very ill, so make that appointment, it could just be bad luck but you obviously don’t feel right I can remember that feeling I just kept ploughing on ignoring it , not feeling ill exactly but just not good enough and picking up everything going around like you it was too often when I look back now

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »