Talk

Advanced search

Unexplained vomiting

(5 Posts)
fessmess Sat 18-Jan-20 10:03:47

Hi. Just wondered if anyone had experienced persistent vomiting but not viral? I have had gastritis diagnosed but have a few days, every few weeks, where I feel sick and am sick. It's not an allergy and I do sometimes have tummy ache. Am awaiting an urgent referral to hospital, camera job I think, and am worried. Any experiences would be helpful.

OP’s posts: |
Wipingsides Mon 20-Jan-20 19:11:30

It could be reflux... I have sickness if i eat a rich meal late at night with alcohol.. was just about to post on it when I saw your post.
do you suffer with heartburn/ indigestion?
Are there any patterns to your sickness? E.g after certain foods?
Camera down is fine- just take all the sedation going!

Nogodsnomasters Mon 20-Jan-20 22:17:58

My friend has a stomach hernia which causes her to throw up every few weeks as well, like flare ups. She is still undergoing tests and different anti-sickness medication to try and resolve it.

IHeartKingThistle Mon 20-Jan-20 22:20:53

Cyclical vomiting syndrome?

Evenquieterlife33 Mon 20-Jan-20 22:26:19

Gallstones caused that with me. I was too young to have them so I just kept getting told we don’t know what it is. Until I insisted on a scan and I was full of them. I had random vomiting bouts after eating. Had gallbladder removed and no more issues. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »