Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know what this is please?

(5 Posts)
Broken2020 Tue 14-Jan-20 00:21:56

Hi

This is a rash I've had on the back of my leg now for months.... The slightly purple bumps have been there longest and the more reddish ones are what have appeared in the past week.

It is intensely itchy and even antihistamines and Eurax HC cream or Lanacane cream isn't combatting the awful itch. It's even distracting me whilst driving!

No change to any products and I use sensitive (& non bio) stuff anyway as my daughter has sensitive skin and mine can be too sometimes. I also tend to think that if it was an allergy/reaction, that it'd be on other areas of my skin also, right?

I don't want to waste a precious, very rare (around here at least) doctor's appointment if I can solve the problem another way.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much! brew

OP’s posts: |
BillHadersNewWife Tue 14-Jan-20 01:14:57

Looks like Keratosis Pilaris. Google that and see if you agree.

Broken2020 Tue 14-Jan-20 02:13:27

Thankyou. I'm not sure I agree though as the only part that resembles Keratosis Pilaris, is the reddening from where I've been scratching! The actual issue is the lesions/spots whatever they are and their a) intense, crazy itching & b) the fact that it just won't heal up and go away!

Thankyou for your help though, regardless

Gossipjunkie22 Tue 14-Jan-20 02:55:41

I had this and couldn't stop scratching, I gave in and went to my drs who took some bloods and discovered I had low iron

Broken2020 Tue 14-Jan-20 03:23:24

@Gossipjunkie22 Oooh now that makes sense actually. Thankyou for that thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »