Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to "pain management" clinic?

(7 Posts)
INeedToGetHealthy Mon 13-Jan-20 21:09:31

I have been referred to a pain management clinic and the appointment has finally come around to this week. I suffer with neuropathic pain as well as spinal & pelvic pain.
I haven't been told much about this appointment and so I'm wondering if they require a pain diary as well as medication list.

PeninsulaPanic Tue 14-Jan-20 09:33:02

I've been assessed for a residential pain management course and they didn't ask for a diary at my assessment. The psychologist interviewed me for about an hour and gave me plenty of opportunity to describe how pain affects me from day to day. Then I saw an Occupational Therapist who had a different slant but also asked me about the effects of the pain I live with. They were both really supportive and understanding. Hope that helps.

INeedToGetHealthy Tue 14-Jan-20 20:54:19

@PeninsulaPanic thank you. That does help. I hope that your pain is not too bad now

CatMamma Tue 14-Jan-20 21:06:31

thepaincorner.com/2018/05/03/what-to-expect-at-the-pain-management-clinic/

PeninsulaPanic Tue 14-Jan-20 21:10:18

Thanks @INeedToGetHealthy

I've only had the assessment so far, I'm on a waiting list for the residential programme. Just had a bad episode that lasted a few days but fingers crossed I'm coming out of it, for now.

Very best of luck with your assessment appointment. Mine was at St Thomas's INPUT Pain Management (London) and I felt very listened to and validated. Hope you have a similar experience, wherever you're being seen.

PeninsulaPanic Tue 14-Jan-20 21:11:17

Oh, thanks for the link @CatMamma smile

INeedToGetHealthy Wed 15-Jan-20 18:43:49

@CatMamma thanks for that link.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »