Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Moles and cosmetic surgery

(12 Posts)
onlyWotz Wed 29-Aug-07 15:02:36

I have a mole on my face that flares up every so often. Anyone had them sucessfully removed with a referal to a cosmtic surgeon?

Use to look OKish like a beauty spot, now not so clever!

FWIW its not on my nose and I am not a witch!

mosschops30 Wed 29-Aug-07 15:07:20

I had mine removed by my GP, he did a fabulous job and now I can barely see where it was.
I am going to have another one taken off soon

onlyWotz Wed 29-Aug-07 15:11:19

What your GP did it? Was it on your face?

snowleopard Wed 29-Aug-07 15:11:28

I recently had a mole on my back removed surgically - not for cosmetic reasons but because it kept flaring up and getting itchy, and every time it did I had to have it looked at and it was a real pain - in the end they decided it would be better removed. So if you explain to your GP that it causes problems and you wonder if it could be removed, s/he might be sympathetic...

onlyWotz Wed 29-Aug-07 15:24:46

I did go to GP and was refered, but no success at that time.

I have just made a call to a private clinic and they
want
£130 for a consultaion
and over £800 for the removal

I will go back to GP and ask again. Its call on the day for an appointment. There never is any appopintments. No appointments today told me to try again in the morning, so for experience, it could take 3 weeks to see my GP.

mosschops30 Wed 29-Aug-07 15:55:16

Yes onlywotz my GP did it and yes it was at the top of my nose/corner of my eye.
It was purely cosmetic, nothing wrong with the mole itself.
I'm gonna have one on my forehead done next, which was small but now the other one has gone looks huge grin

BrownSuga Wed 29-Aug-07 15:58:27

just had 2 morgan spots (red blood thingies) removed from top of left breast (this morning). was cosmetic, on the nhs, told my gp that i was very conscious of them as you could see them when had a low top on. referred then to plastic surgeon. the surgeon also offered to, and took off a mole just above my cleavage at the same time.

onlyWotz Wed 29-Aug-07 17:37:47

mosschops30, well I am truely pleased for you. My GP can hardly spare enough time for anyone to come in and sit down.

Infact when I go in GP asks, "How are you?'
And without thinking I reply "Fine thanks' and start to leave!

grin

mosschops30 Wed 29-Aug-07 18:47:21

grin wotz. Some of ours are like that so I know where ur coming from.

Only one of our GP's does the mole removal thing and the nurse does it at my mums surgery. Maybe you could try that?

onlyWotz Wed 29-Aug-07 19:08:08

I will persevere with my GP and hopefully be moleless soon, thanks for replies.

KathH Wed 29-Aug-07 22:41:52

Hiya - I went to the GP about 2 on my nose. I got them removed on the NHS about 4 yrs ago although despite the surgeon promising that you wouldnt be able to see where they were I have 2 scars now although I'd rather have them than the moles!

onlyWotz Wed 29-Aug-07 22:47:30

KathH sorry about the nose comment blush in op blush .
Thanks, I too think a small scar would be better ATM. Its hurting too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now