Mini Pill Cerazette Bleeding!!

(6 Posts)
roxanne1991 Sat 11-Jan-20 17:31:07

Please help a worried girl out!! I have been on cerazette for around 4/5 months, and the first couple of months were fine, however the last 3 months I have bled constantly, so I have come off it. I took my last pill on Wednesday night, and it is now Saturday morning and I am still bleeding. Anyone had experience of this before, and if so, how long after stopping the mini pill does the bleeding stop? Thank you so much in advance

OP’s posts: |
ListenLinda Sat 11-Jan-20 17:43:09

You will probably find you have a withdrawal bleed for up to a week. My sympathies, it's a horrible pill.

roxanne1991 Sat 11-Jan-20 18:05:24

Many thanks for your reply! I'm just worrying it's something more serious. I was simply putting the bleeding down to the pill as so many people seem to have these problems, but now I've been off it almost 3 days and the bleeding is showing no signs of slowing down, I'm panicking a little!

ihavedonethisbefore Sat 11-Jan-20 19:30:28

Yes I had exactly this. Bleeding whilst on the pill is common and then when you stop you tend to have a heavier and longer period. It's normal.

roxanne1991 Sun 12-Jan-20 11:25:28

Were you bleeding when you stopped taking it then? I've been continuously bleeding for weeks now; and am worried now it's been 4 days since coming off the pill, that the bleeding might not be pill related so am seriously panicking! Thank you so much for your help

ihavedonethisbefore Sun 12-Jan-20 13:53:13

Yes for around a week after stopping. That's the withdrawal bleed

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in