Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

cellulitus

(3 Posts)
jooleybee Wed 29-Aug-07 11:11:13

my husband is on hosital with a leg that looks like somethng out of a horror movie! He has a lage blister full of pus he has been in hospital for 6 days now and it doesnt seem to be getting any better. they have only just changed his antibiotics as it has been the bank holiday he has not sen a doctor since satuday (3 days) is it normal for the wound to blister like this?

loopylou6 Wed 29-Aug-07 14:30:22

im not sure jooleybee, all i can say is i have had celluitus beofre, i had a tiny cut on my foot where my sho had rubbed me, my foot became hot swollen painful etc, i went to the out of hours afetr having it for a few days and the doctor gave me antibiotics out of her case there and then and told me iw as very lucky, as for the blister it didnt happen to me, BUT i have just had a reaction to a gnat bite, and that came up in a HUGE blister, it looked like an orange large grape sticking off my leg (i have a pic if u wanted to look at it to compare it to ur husbands) i took antibiotics for that and it popped. Maybe ur husbands blister is there as natures way of protecting the infected wound? i take it his cellutius started witha little cut or sumit?

jooleybee Wed 29-Aug-07 16:59:25

Thanks. I'm off to see him now so i'll let you know how it is. Apparently, if you have had it you are more susceptable to catching it again so beware!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: