Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know what these red marks are?

(16 Posts)
lorettalemon Fri 10-Jan-20 17:36:39

Regular MNetter here. Sorry I don't know where else to ask for now. I'm not feeling very well and I noticed when I woke up that I'd got a couple of marks like in the picture I'm attaching on my side. I just wondered if anyone knew what they were?

OP’s posts: |
Santa01 Fri 10-Jan-20 17:47:33

A friend had something similar and it turned out to be shingles, she had a pain in the area also... I'm not a medical professional so if you don't feel well I would go see go..

Bloomburger Fri 10-Jan-20 17:55:57

Looks like shingles.

alexdgr8 Fri 10-Jan-20 17:58:23

please ring 111.
mention everything.

lorettalemon Fri 10-Jan-20 18:15:54

It feels a bit hot to the touch if that clarifies at all.
I wasn't sure if it was something I ought to do anything about.
I feel awful a lot of the time because I have ME but if people think it looks like it could be something that needs dealing with I'll call 111. Thank you

eurochick Fri 10-Jan-20 18:24:18

I also think it looks like shingles. Antivirals taken early enough can lessen the effects, so its worth seeing a dr ASAP.

Pajamagirl Fri 10-Jan-20 19:01:22

I had shingles , you need antivirals very early on so go and see doc ASAP . I felt like I had flu and was unbelievably tired .

PlatinumBrunette Fri 10-Jan-20 19:05:17

Shingles. You need to get antivirals within 72 hours.

DonPablo Fri 10-Jan-20 19:35:15

My shingles didn't look like that. Have you been using a hot water bottle?

lorettalemon Fri 10-Jan-20 19:43:10

I did use a hot water bottle last night so I suppose I could have rolled onto it in my sleep and burned myself.

I do feel very shivery and cold and unwell generally so as a few people have suggested anti viral drugs maybe I should I find out if I need them?

I'm on my own and don't have any friends or family to ask for help so I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself so thank you to everyone for replying!

EuphorbiaHemlockthe1st Fri 10-Jan-20 19:47:11

When I had shingles it sort of followed my ribs. Were on my side, curving round where the ribs went.

girlofthenorth Sat 11-Jan-20 10:56:13

What happened OP? Hope you're ok .

dontmakemeleavethehouse Sat 11-Jan-20 11:02:01

I had shingles. Felt it in my right rib. So painful. Couldn't breath or move really. Agony.

lorettalemon Sat 11-Jan-20 18:58:27

Thank you again to everyone who replied. Just in case this is helpful to anyone else - I saw a doctor and he said it is shingles so I've got anti viral medication for it.

As always thank you to MNetters for giving advice as I probably wouldn't have done anything about it otherwise and might have been ill for longer!

girlofthenorth Sat 11-Jan-20 19:31:57

I've had shingles and it was awful . Made me feel tired too. Can't remember what I used on the sores- I think it was rhus tox Cream from Holland and Barratt .

Pajamagirl Sat 11-Jan-20 19:59:09

Don’t use anything on the sores
Painkillers and anti virals
Keep area clean obviously and wash all towels / flannels on their own

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »