Talk

Advanced search

Noonnum syndrome

(5 Posts)
Potato1980 Tue 07-Jan-20 22:05:20

Anyone on here know/have noonum syndrome I have googled it know it comes with heart defects and often short stature husband only recently found out he has it but it also comes with learning difficulties something I've suspected he has as very childlike not good with anything really Bill's jobs etc just wondered if anyone else has any issues

OP’s posts: |
bellalou1234 Tue 07-Jan-20 22:09:24

My uncle has it. He was diagnosed late in life, my dg had him late in life so put his learning difficulties down to that. But now we know has the characteristics of Noonans

missmapp Tue 07-Jan-20 22:09:33

My son has noonans. He has a heart condition and short stature. As with any syndrome, people have different issues within the same diagnosis. My son has dyspraxia, but works at age appropriate levels. Others do have learning difficulties. It can only be diagnosed by a geneticist i believe. The NoonanUK website has lots more information.

Redlocks30 Tue 07-Jan-20 22:11:57

Do you mean Noonan syndrome?

I have taught a child with it-the sister and mum both had it as well. He had significant global delay and really struggled to acquire basic literacy/number skills. They all had very short stature and significant heart problems.

Potato1980 Tue 07-Jan-20 22:17:46

Yes I think he needs proper diagnosis from a expert also tbh

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »