Talk

Advanced search

How can I boost my immune system? Should I leave?

(3 Posts)
isit2020yet Tue 07-Jan-20 20:07:51

I had 3 miscarriages last year, the most recent was October. I had d & c, normally my general health is great and I don’t really get poorly. Ever since October I’ve been ill so many times - including most recently a bad chest infection, I’ve been on antibiotics and was starting to feel better. Then I woke today feeling awful, shivery, extremely tired, this horrible thing where I keep feeling sick then throwing up yellow stomach acid, which has made my throat very sore sad I work in childcare and don’t know if this is the best environment for me to be in at the moment as there’s constantly a poorly child, what should I do and how do I start to feel better?

OP’s posts: |
Claireshh Tue 07-Jan-20 22:57:37

I’m so sorry about your miscarriages. They are very difficult. I think the physically take a toll on your body which may have led to you not being able to fight off infections as easily. When I get run down I take berocca every day and try to get early nights. Boring I know but it does help. I wound also be using first defence although I don’t know if that is advisable if you are TTC and I would be washing my hands as soon as I get in from work each day.

Butterfly98 Tue 07-Jan-20 23:12:18

@isit2020yet I'm so sorry to read about your miscarriages thanks. I've had 2 in the past and they can make you really run down for a while afterwards. I found that taking a good quality vitamin D3 supplement is good for building up your immune system and I hardly ever get even a head cold now! Check with your GP if it's safe to take while TTC though!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »