Talk

Advanced search

Any miracle cures for coldsores?

(8 Posts)
goteam Tue 07-Jan-20 07:41:04

Haven't had one in years but woken up with a huge one as I'm severely run down atm for various reasons. I have a work presentation on Friday and need to zap it! Any home remedies or magical over the counter creams? Zovirax never worked for me...

OP’s posts: |
Nonotmenori Tue 07-Jan-20 23:56:24

Holland and Barrett lysine tablets. Blue bottle orange label. Take one a day and you'll never get a coldsore again.

3littlemonkeys82 Tue 07-Jan-20 23:59:53

Boots own brand cold sore clear liquid, in a small glass phial. It's around £2. Stings like hell on application but works very quickly.

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Wed 08-Jan-20 00:02:39

Sudacrem. Cold sores last 3 days instead of 6 when smothered with sudacrem

MinTheMinx Wed 08-Jan-20 00:07:22

Neat tea-tree oil, dabbed on with cotton wool. Tastes disgusting if it gets in your mouth but it zaps the bastard surprisingly quickly.

anon2000000000 Wed 08-Jan-20 00:40:31

Liquorice gel (can't remember the website but google will bring it up) and anti virals although if you already have an active cold sore I'm not sure just how effective it is.

goteam Wed 08-Jan-20 07:47:28

Thanks all. Will give these a try

OP’s posts: |
BrigitsBigKnickers Fri 10-Jan-20 13:29:38

Acyclovir stopped working for me so a pharmacist suggested Fenestil ( active ingredient pencyclovir) Can't seem to buy it over the counter but can get it on line. It is by far the best cream- catch it early and it chases it away.

I have also found the cold sore patches really good recently but they are a bit of a pain to get on but when you have the knack they seem to work well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »