Talk

Advanced search

Sciatica - HELP!!!

(6 Posts)
Pigletpoglet Sun 05-Jan-20 23:08:44

Does anyone have a magic remedy for sciatic pain? I'm propped up in bed with a tennis ball wedged into my lower back, and I would really like some sleep tonight...

OP’s posts: |
Mummylin Mon 06-Jan-20 00:28:21

Try sleeping with a pillow between your legs, that can help a bit. Tomorrow when sitting, put a rolled up towel in the small of your back. Things to try are a tens machine if you have access, pain killers from doc, along with creams to rub in. It's an awful thing to have, but I hope it will soon go away for you. Also do not sit for too long at a time, about 15 mins then a little walk around.

herbsmokedchicken Mon 06-Jan-20 00:30:19

When I had it, I lay in an < shape on our corner sofa and that was the only position that I could get relief from the pain!

earsup Mon 06-Jan-20 00:48:41

Hot water bottle and then something frozen... alternate them. Ibuprofen helps. Then try osteopathy and when able do yoga to prevent it...I have had sciatica years ago and now with yoga no issues for years.

rainbowlou Mon 06-Jan-20 00:50:31

Kinetic tape helps loads

herbsmokedchicken Mon 06-Jan-20 01:08:28

Oh yes also second osteopathy, helped me so much

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »