Talk

Advanced search

Migraines-when to see a Gp

(2 Posts)
Spidey66 Sun 05-Jan-20 13:03:17

So I'm in my 50s now.

Back in my 20s I was on the Pill and had a migraine. The leaflet said see your GP if you have one for the first time on it. I did, and it was changed to the mini pill, which I took for a while. The migraines continued a few times a year before stopping. I then didn't have one for over 20 years. About 5 months ago I had one, left for work but had to come home straight away because all I could do was lie down in the dark. Didn't think too much of it at the time.

But I've now had 3 in just over a week!

They're classic symptoms, my vision goes weird about 10 minutes before like flashing lights. Then I get severe throbbing pain on one side. I hate strong smells like coffee or cigarette or cooking which normally don't bother me. I'm often nauseous and vomiting, fog this reason I can't keep painkillers down. I crave quiet and dark and all I can do is lie down in the dark and feel sorry for myself.

I'm in reasonable health, though I have an underactive thyroid and was recently told I'm prediabetic which I'm working on by getting my weight down. And don't judge but I smoke about 6-8 cigarettes a day.

I seem to be in the GP a lot lately, my thyroid levels were all over the place for a while,which meant jj kept going back because I was falling asleep at work or had brain fog. I'm thinking my GP thinks im a hypochondriac though all mg complaints did have an underlying cause.

OP’s posts: |
Spidey66 Sun 05-Jan-20 13:04:34

Sorry for typos.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »