Talk

Advanced search

Bunions & flat feet, surgery

(1 Post)
Nat6999 Thu 02-Jan-20 22:51:36

I have very bad bunions on both feet & flat feet. I walk inwards & have had loads of orthotics from being very young, I developed bunions as a teenager which have gradually got worse as I have got older & the last year the pain has got a lot worse. During the last couple of months I have developed numbness in my feet, it started from my bunion area, spread across the balls of my feet & base of my toes on the top of my feet, making it increasingly difficult to walk, I'm terrified of falling, I'm also suffering horrific pain in the bunions, I know that sounds odd with the numbness. I'm going to the doctors next week to ask to be referred to an orthopedic surgeon to see if there is anything they can do to help me get my feet sorted, I'm terrified that I will lose what little mobility I have, I suffer from ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia, chronic osteoarthritis in my feet, knees, hips, spine, shoulders & hands & was born with a congenital dislocated hip. I have never walked well, my knees turn in badly & my legs aren't straight because of this. Has anyone had any surgery for this type of foot problem?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »