Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

If you have a tear, y'know down there from childbirth and almost 3 years later its still sore...

(7 Posts)
kitsandbits Mon 27-Aug-07 20:45:41

during sex...can anything be done?

Tore naturally with DS1 - had DS2 and no problems,

but the stitches were a bit crap - and i have a bobbly bit and sex can be sore, is there anything a doctor could do??

onlyWotz Mon 27-Aug-07 22:29:12

I would ask your GP or go and speak to a nice lady at your local family planning clinic to see if they have aby advice for you. You may get refered.

rantinghousewife Mon 27-Aug-07 22:32:44

Go see your GP, I put up with this for 9 yrs, until I had my second child actually. And the doc who sewed me up after I had dd, said 'oh someone's made a right old mess of you haven't they' proceeded to repair said mess, all the while tutting and muttering 'oh dear'blush. Of course, I really should have gone and got it sorted out years before and wish I had.

hamkin Mon 27-Aug-07 22:35:05

i tore really badly with ds2. Fortunately i had a very good doctor to do the stitches. Took a long time to heal and i was worried about them, but my hv said they had surgeons at the hospital that would re-do/repair and areas that did not heal. Definitely go to see your gp who could refer you.

meysey Tue 28-Aug-07 20:36:06

yep.

if very severe they can repair. but I found I got a lot of help from some internal physiotherapy and then didn't need a repair after all.

(had to go private mind you)

Pollyanna Tue 28-Aug-07 20:38:18

I had this with my first child. I went to the doctor and was basically told that I would just have to put up with it for the rest of my life shock. Then I tore in exactly the same place with dd1 and was stitched up and everything has been fine since.

I'm not suggesting you have another child btw, but my experience suggests it can be repaired.

littlerach Tue 28-Aug-07 20:39:17

My friend had problems and ha it all re done a couple of years later.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: