Talk

Advanced search

What's this on my 6 month olds back? Pics

(7 Posts)
Nobhobs Thu 02-Jan-20 18:36:17

Is this a rash or could it be eczema? It's looked a little sore for the past week. We've been putting Aveeno

OP’s posts: |
Nobhobs Thu 02-Jan-20 18:37:00

On it but not making much difference. It's looking really sore now. Sorry posted too soon

INeedNewShoes Thu 02-Jan-20 18:42:06

I’d consider it possibly being irritation due to:

- Change of washing powder
- wearing fleece (polyester) for the first time as the weather turned cooler?
- Anything new introduced to diet?

Which Aveeno are you using? I found the one with the pale blue lid next to useless but the one with the dark blue lid really good.

Make sure he isn't overheating as being wrapped up in too many layers won't help if it's eczema.

Nobhobs Thu 02-Jan-20 19:02:19

@INeedNewShoes We've just started weaning so lots of new things introduced to his diet. Same washing powder and cotton clothes. It's not anywhere else on his body.. do you think it's worthy of a doctors trip?

Nobhobs Thu 02-Jan-20 19:03:52

Sorry only read half your message. We're just the light blue Aveeno, I will look into the other. Have smothered it in sudocrem tonight. I don't think he's over heating, he wears a sleeveless vest, sleepsuit and 1.0 tog sleeping bag to sleep (room 21 degrees) and just a sleeveless vest, leggings and T-shirt most days

Saltdoughmuncher Thu 02-Jan-20 19:04:20

As it’s been there for a period of time and isn’t improving I would see a doctor.

It looks like an allergic dermatitis so may be linked to weaning.

Cornish2 Thu 02-Jan-20 19:11:09

Has he been unwell lately as it looks like a viral rash? You'll get loads of suggestions on here but I would take him to the dr so you know for sure.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »