Talk

Advanced search

Stomach bugs - how long?

(4 Posts)
melodypondisasuperhero Tue 31-Dec-19 19:46:49

So I have fairly severe emetophobia and my 4-year old son has a stomach bug today, I've been at home looking after him all day. It doesn't seem like a really bad one as stomach bugs go and he was mostly OK by bedtime but I've obviously been terrified all day! I used to get stomach bugs a lot as a kid but I don't remember my parents catching them very often and I've been very diligent with handwashing - still, there's been a lot of sick-cleaning and cuddles! So - and I realise this may be an impossible question - if I've got it, when do you think I'd know? His first vomit was around 7.30am.

OP’s posts: |
Mamabear12 Tue 31-Dec-19 22:14:10

Everyone is different. I’ve had parents tell me they catch bugs every year from their kids. But some people are more prone to getting stomach bugs. Growing up I rarely had a tummy bug. During my time at school I had two tummy bugs (I assume as the only two times I had stomach sickness) from age 6-18. My kids have been sick a few times and so far me and my partner don’t catch it (knock wood!). When they were younger I wasn’t diligent in washing hands. But as they got older and I got more scared of catching things I’ve become more diligent in washing hands and bleaching! I’m also an emetaphobe. It sucks!!!!!

partysong Tue 31-Dec-19 22:19:18

I don't know but wanted to say that you sound like a brilliant mum. It must be awful to find stomach bugs that hard but to still be able to look after your little one and cuddle them.. well honestly I just think you're amazing

melodypondisasuperhero Wed 01-Jan-20 19:02:13

Aw thank you! So far nothing and he has been fine all day so I think I'm in the clear!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »