Talk

Advanced search

Vaginal lumps after stitches!

(3 Posts)
Jesskatie1 Tue 31-Dec-19 09:19:59

Hey! I’m new on to mumsnet and hoping someone can reassure me with this...

I’m 8 weeks postpartum, I had a shower this morning and felt my stitches/scar to check all was ok. When doing this I felt a pea sized lump under the skin where (I think confused) I had stitches done. Has anyone else had this? Obviously when you feel a lump like that it can knock you a bit sick!!

OP’s posts: |
millymae Tue 31-Dec-19 20:13:08

I did with my first a good few years ago now - didn’t say anything at my 6 week appointment and neither did my GP, so I assumed it was OK and would go on it’s own.
.A few weeks later it became more swollen and painful and when I wiped there was occasionally blood on the tissue.
I returned to the GP who didn’t say much other than he’d refer me to the Consultant I was under for my delivery. When the appointment arrived I actually got to see the Consultant personally. He sarcastically asked me what my GP did for a living, said the lump was a common overgrowth of tissue that could have been removed in my doctors surgery and did it himself using a silver nitrate stick. It took no more than 5 minutes and although I had stitches in subsequent deliveries they caused me no problems at all.

Jesskatie1 Thu 02-Jan-20 07:47:20

Millymae, thank you! I suppose that makes sense, I think I’ll make a doctors appointment to have it looked at

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »