Talk

Advanced search

Moles!!

(7 Posts)
3babyxx Sun 29-Dec-19 11:35:02

Hi so Iv had a mole by my ear for years no issue until around a year ago it started itching and now recently has became scaly
I'm going to get it checked soon after new year but has anybody else had the same thing ?

OP’s posts: |
ViaSacra Sun 29-Dec-19 12:45:17

Not personally, but as a GP with a special interest in dermatology, checking moles like these is about 25% of my job!

Most of the time it's nothing sinister, but no GP will mind checking it out.

Elphame Sun 29-Dec-19 12:54:37

Yes - and it was fine but you must get it checked

Ilikewinter Sun 29-Dec-19 13:03:00

Yes, going to doctors tomorrow but now i think im wasting their time. My mole appeared probably 12 months ago, it changed over time and is raised and very itchy and scaly and has been bleeding, part of it went black....hence the docs appointment....but now a week later the black part has fell off and the mole is smooth again.....im still going to go but feel a bit like im wasting time, i know how precious appointments are.

BrokenWing Sun 29-Dec-19 13:07:23

I went to GP with mine a few years back, didn't even have an appointment with a dermatologist, was given an appointment for removal. Few weeks later got letter saying it had been completely clear.

So waste of time, but always worth getting checked out as for someone it won't be.

ViaSacra Sun 29-Dec-19 13:10:13

Yes, going to doctors tomorrow but now i think im wasting their time

It's by no means a waste of time. If you're worried about NHS resources, just think how much money you'd be saving the NHS - if it is something sinister - by making sure it gets caught at the earliest stage, when it is far simpler to treat.

Ilikewinter Sun 29-Dec-19 13:34:54

I know, its important to go, i was worried when it changed colour but now it seems to look normal again....plus i dont really 'do the doctors', if i can self medicate then I do!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »