Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD fell off a rope swing on to her back today

(4 Posts)
savethecheerleader Sun 26-Aug-07 17:11:45

She fell about three feet flat on to her back. She was able to hobble home and I have given her ibuprofen and calpol and she is now in the bath soaking. I realise it will be painful for her but does anyone know if there is anything to look out for. She really went down with a crash. Many thanks.

dinny Sun 26-Aug-07 17:13:38

oooh, I remember doing exactly the same and was really winded but OK after a rest and bath etc! Poor dd - but have no really useful advice, sorry. Hope she feels better soon!

savethecheerleader Sun 26-Aug-07 17:20:21

Thanks dinny. I think it shook her up as well. I'm thinking if she is walking around etc that it's just going to be bruised, nothing more serious.

DettaJnr Sun 26-Aug-07 22:49:44

I take my kids to an osteopath if they have such a fall. She really works wonders. She believes that such injuries manifest themselves when you are an adult if left untreated when you are a child and I am inlined to believe her. HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now