Talk

Advanced search

Third nerve palsy no diagnosis of cause

(4 Posts)
SlightlyWizened Sat 28-Dec-19 10:34:52

DP has a film lense on his glasses to correct the double vision.
Severe headaches continue.
MRI results letter he was copied into says 'some ischaemic changes to grey matter noted' but nothing else concrete.
He's waiting now for the holiday period to be over and then he'll contact the dept the letter came from.
Anyone had similar and what was the cause?
Worried.

OP’s posts: |
minxthemanx Sat 28-Dec-19 10:41:48

My Ds1 aged 18 has third nerve palsy and double vision, but this was due to burst aneurysm when he was 9. If your P's Mri didn't show anything drastic, I would get back in touch with GP/consultant and ask for further tests/contrast CT . It may be just some irritation on the nerve but I'd want more info than you've been given.

SlightlyWizened Sat 28-Dec-19 10:51:37

Thank you minxthemanx and I hope your son is fully well now. There seems to be no obvious cause. DP had a contrast CT early on, the MRI was done as the CT showed nothing wrong.
Dr Google helpfully tells me that ischemic changes to brain can mean early sign of dementia.

OP’s posts: |
minxthemanx Sat 28-Dec-19 14:19:49

That's good; if Ct and Mri haven't shown anything major that's reassuring. I am always alert to any changes with DS1; violent pain with sudden vomiting means check up in A&E.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »