Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nappy rash cream for infected skin

(10 Posts)
callmeovercautious Sun 26-Aug-07 11:54:25

DD has had a bad patch of nappy rash on her "front botty" and it won't heal as she shuffles around on her bum and irritates it. This morning it looks like she might have thrush in it, sore and a bit weapy.
She is her usual self but want to know what I can buy over the counter that will help as we can't go to the GP until Tuesday.

Any suggestions?

harleyd Sun 26-Aug-07 11:56:57

have you tried bepanthen

callmeovercautious Sun 26-Aug-07 12:27:03

Does that treat the Thrush as well?

fawkeoff Sun 26-Aug-07 12:28:07

try meatanium...or you could phone the nhs helpline if you think its infected

cocolepew Sun 26-Aug-07 13:28:35

Canestaen(sp?) for thrush. Just check with pharma. that it's ok for her age, but I have used it on babies before.

callmeovercautious Sun 26-Aug-07 13:31:42

Thanks everyone - spoke to the Pharmasist and he recommended Metanium then if it does not respond by Tuesday to take her to GP then.

Fawkeoff - are you always right grin

cocolepew Sun 26-Aug-07 13:39:36

Callme.. just be careful if you haven't used metanium before. It's yellow and it stains! Just in case DD is bum shuffling on a cream carpet.

juuule Sun 26-Aug-07 14:31:14

Canestan for thrush. Metanium otherwise.

fawkeoff Sun 26-Aug-07 14:43:42

yeah be careful with the metanium as its bright yellow and can stain...and you only need to use a small amount at a time

callmeovercautious Sun 26-Aug-07 18:28:05

Wish I had read this before I picked her up with a bare bum whilst wearing a white t shirt sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now